#1 wileythenord

wileythenord

Fixed Dice Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationTen Mile, TN

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:49 AM

Watch this thread for Chattanooga Classic updates!

----------------------------------------------------
July 10, 2012
We have a venue! This year the Classic will move away from the bar scene and move into the clubhouse scene. We will be playing at The Champions Club. Drinking will of course still be allowed and this tournament will still be a 21 and up event.

Currently I have no other information, but Robert Blackwell and I are working on a fair entry fee to pay for the venue and still give away awesome prizes. If anyone would like to be included on sponsorship please email me at wileythenord@gmail.com or pm me on this forum.

Give me some opinions as 6th edition takes over. I haven't played 6th yet, I've only read it. I'm considering this event being moved from 2000 pts to 1850 for time sake. At this point I don't plan to limit allies but depending on how crazy the fortifications become in this edition, we may set some stipulations on them. Give me your input, you guys are the players, what do you want out of this tournament?
August 20, 2012

What: Chattanooga Classic 40k RTT

Where: The Champions Club

When: October 20, 2012

Why: Because you guys like to drink and play 40k. This tournament is 21 and up only.

How much: $25

How many: 40 players, if this number fills up we could possibly expand it to 50, but that would be pushing the limits of our venue.

Contact: Wileythenord@yahoo.com for details or paypal Wileythenord@yahoo.com if you want to pre-register.

For lodging: There are several hotels within minutes of the golf course Google Map Link
October 3, 2012
List of Attendees:
Danny Atkinson
Katie Gotch
Tony Cook
Rob Blackwell
Steven Oakes
Bill Chase
Andrew Gardenhire
Rex Cullor
Jeff Weibelt
Dan Clayton
Nic Helms
Will Clayton
David Zerr
Phil Fortin
John Elliot
Jameson Faulk
Steven Brooks
Dark Eldar, Daemons, Tyranids
We learnt long ago that the inscrutable universe turns upon an axis of suffering, because pain is inevitable. - Urien Rakarth, Master Haemonculus

#2 Tepogue

Tepogue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:16 AM

My personal opinion from several games of 6th being played would be to do:

Up to 1999 points (avoid the 2 Force Organization Charts)

Allow fortifications. (So many armies lack anti aircraft power that taking away the option to at least bring 1 anit aircraft gun is unforgivable)

However fortifications may cause terrain issues. I'd say allow players to move and redeploy 1 piece of terrain to make room for their fortifications. And put the piece of terrain back after your game!

Make round at least 2 1/2 hours. I know this increases the overall length of the day, but I would not expect a lot of people to have gotten the hang of 6ed even by October.

Allow Allies - I know there is a lot of nerd rage at certain ally combos, but overall I feel allies are self balancing. Sure bring the Eldrad/Shadowfield/Harlequin Deathstar, but thats a lot of points in HQ, which cannot claim objectives and the book missions are nearly all about objectives.
http://tepogue.blogspot.com/

We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder,
We danced among the lighting bolts,
And tore the world asunder.

#3 BoxerSaint

BoxerSaint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:51 AM

I like the 1750-1850 range for time reasons, at least for the first season of 6th edition.

I'm indifferent towards fortifications.

Allies sound like a good idea still.

I'd take a long hard look at missions, especially in the realm of mysterious objectives, and mysterious terrain (both of which I suggest you do away with, for less book keeping, at least for now).
BoxerSaint(has a better signature than Stormcrow)

www.AnyGivenCodex.blogspot.com

#4 Grizzly Adams

Grizzly Adams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:12 AM

1850 works for me, I wouldn't mind seein a lot more tourneys go to this size, actually. I think it's definitely too early to yank allies yet. As far as fortifications, it may be better to restrict than remove, like allow aegis lines and guns but not to allow buildings/bastions, that way it doesn't affect table set up. An alternative could be not allowing fortifications at all, but using things like aegis lines and bastions and their rules as part of the terrain on the board. Just some thoughts.

Of course, I have only got in 1/2 of a game of 6th so far, so my thoughts may change. I would be more open than restrictive, as I am afraid that alot of tournies may start trying to "fix" the game before we even know how stuff works.

As always, the Classic will be good stuff, muy excited!

The Southern State of 40k - A 40k Podcast

Ronald-MacDonald-vs-Christopher-Wal.gif

"Even in the grim darkness of the far future, there can still be heroes..."

#5 wileythenord

wileythenord

Fixed Dice Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationTen Mile, TN

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:15 AM

Thanks for the input guys. Yeah I wouldn't do away with fortifications, but it would probably have to be restricted for terrain size sake. Probably wouldn't allow Fortress of redemption for example.

I like allies and I think it will add a lot to 6th edition, personally.

As for the Terrain elements, I may incorporate some special stuff into my scenarios (kinda like last year's slash and burn) but I want it to be standard. A bunch of drunk gamers can't be expected to play a game with that much randomness lol.

Keep it coming guys, I want this to be the best one yet!
We learnt long ago that the inscrutable universe turns upon an axis of suffering, because pain is inevitable. - Urien Rakarth, Master Haemonculus

#6 greycat

greycat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationKnoxville

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

For mysterious terrain the player should have to Chihuahua a beer on a 4+

My cat is bigger than yours

I am Cenarius of Hairy Plopper the Grey

#7 greycat

greycat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationKnoxville

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

Chug a beer

My cat is bigger than yours

I am Cenarius of Hairy Plopper the Grey

#8 madival

madival

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Locationjohnson city, tn

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

I would say for any mysterious Terrain , do one roll for all of the type. Keeps it fair mostly.
patience is an emotion that causes turmoil in the child races who were sleeping in the womb of their infant dieties while we conquered the universe. we are not patient, we are not kind....we wait...

lesserofallevils.blogspot.com

#9 tenehuine

tenehuine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationMurfreesboro, TN

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:11 PM

I would say get rid of mysterious terrain unless you wanted to label it before-hand. Otherwise it adds may minutes of rule book page flipping.

Also disallow fliers, flying monstrous creatures, Grey Knights, Wiley, and all the other things that I dont want to have to worry about.

:P
"It's gotten to where I view 40k as a voluntary babysitting service that grown men pay for themselves whevener I hear someone gush about the importance of sportsmanship scoring." - Stormcrow

#10 wileythenord

wileythenord

Fixed Dice Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationTen Mile, TN

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

House rule: If tenehuine loses, he must eat Wiley's beard!

I like it!

#11 tenehuine

tenehuine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationMurfreesboro, TN

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

House rule: If tenehuine loses, he must eat Wiley's beard!

I like it!

Cover it in cheese, batter, and fry it and I'll give it a go!
"It's gotten to where I view 40k as a voluntary babysitting service that grown men pay for themselves whevener I hear someone gush about the importance of sportsmanship scoring." - Stormcrow

#12 Rex

Rex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:01 PM

I reserve my input until I play a bunch of 6th edition. Otherwise we're just throwing out stuff we don't like about the new rules.

#13 Darbold

Darbold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

I agree with Rex. Lets get a bunch of games played, before we make hasty decisions.

#14 Bikeninja

Bikeninja

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:04 AM

Too early in the game for disallowing anything in my opinion. I think the games will be quicker as people become more familiar with the rules. We have a couple of big tourneys coming up that we will be reading all about. That will help the decision making process as well.

#15 wileythenord

wileythenord

Fixed Dice Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationTen Mile, TN

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:22 AM

Yeah I agree with you guys, all except Darbold, that guy is an idiot. :P

I can't wait to get crackin in 6th, I've held off trying it because of ATC, but I'm raring and ready to go!

#16 wileythenord

wileythenord

Fixed Dice Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationTen Mile, TN

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

Does anyone have access to a large passenger van or small bus?

I'm also trying to work out a deal with a hotel in Oolewah for out of towners and plan a night of debauchery following the tournament. Probably a trip to a bar in chattanooga for anyone who wants to come. If I can find a large passenger van this would be ideal for shuttling drunks to their hotel rooms and then taking a large group out. I just don't want to have to rent one if I don't have too.

Suggestions?

#17 JBW

JBW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

Sweet! I'll add this to our list. I've been wondering where all the late fall events were! I'll grab some details as you guys release.

#18 madival

madival

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Locationjohnson city, tn

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:17 PM

hey, is this still gonna happen? If so, I am hoping to see a nice 1750 points limit XD
patience is an emotion that causes turmoil in the child races who were sleeping in the womb of their infant dieties while we conquered the universe. we are not patient, we are not kind....we wait...

lesserofallevils.blogspot.com

#19 Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:19 AM

I personally feel 1850 is the sweet spot, if anyone is taking suggestions. 1750 isn't bad either.

#20 wileythenord

wileythenord

Fixed Dice Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationTen Mile, TN

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

I'm leaning towards 1850, this tournament is a go, the venue is set, we are working on support at this time.

Beginning of September will be scenario development. that gives us 2 months of 6th edition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users