#1 Lord Kalumdi

Lord Kalumdi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationKnoxville

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:00 AM

So I don't know if I am the only one, but I am really excited about Undead Legions.  Time to dust off the formerly useless Tomb Kings and random VC stuff!!  Being a foot-slogging lizard lover, this is my first go at a speed themed army.  Tell me what you guys think!

Vampire Lord - Lance, Shield, Armour of Fortune, Other Trickster's Shard, Red Fury, Quick Blood, Barded Nightmare, Lore of Undeath - 387

Wight King - BSB, Lance, shield, Heavy Armour, Iron Curse Icon, Obsidian Lodestone, Barded Skeletal Steed - 189

Liche Priest - Level 2, Lore of Light, Skeletal Steed, Dispel Scroll - 140

Liche Priest - Level 1, Lore of Light, Skeletal Steed, Scroll of shielding - 95

3 Skeleton Chariots - Standard - 175

5 Skeleton Horse Archers - 70

5 Skeleton Horse Archers - 70

9 Black Knights - Lances, Barding, Full Command, War Banner - 299

6 Necropolis Knights - Musician, Standard - 410

Screaming Skull Catapult - 90

Screaming Skull Catapult - 90

Casket of Souls - 135

Army Points Total: 2500

Lots of protection for main units.  Two extreme hammers and some swiss army knife units.  One priest with horse archers; one with Knight bus in second rank.  Mini Light council buffs main units and Vampire Lord raises any supporting skeletons I might need.

#2 Necronbob

Necronbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCleveland, TN

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:06 AM

Let me know when you want to test it out.
Check out my Warhammer Fantasy Blog: http://rotgutmanglers.blogspot.com/

#3 Joerg Müller

Joerg Müller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:45 PM

What magic LVL is the Vamp? If he is higher than lvl 1 then it is to high. The risk of him blowing up or the knights around him up is to great. Same with the mage added to his unit. I've seen whole blocks of knights dissappear when thier wizard blew up taking them all with him. For the light council to work even a mini one. You need to do your best to get Banishment. You have 3 attempts to get it, and for it to add to the strength of the spell your wizards must stay with in 12 inchs. Also another reason to keep them out of the knight unit all the buffs in light have range. Finally if his spell is Banishment or Shem's he can't cast it when your knight reach combat. Which is where you want them. I'd recommend both casters in units of horse archers. They will be fast cave and can move around to where you need them. Finally, Undeath is cool however you have no way to heal the blocks you have currently. Also as pointed out earlier, I wouldn't recommend your vamp be higher than LVL1. I'd go for a Master Necromancer or High Liche Priest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users