sirhuma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationLavernge ,TN

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

Nashcon™ 2014

When: 24th- 25th of May, 2014 (Memorial Day Weekend)

Where: Franklin Marriott Cool Springs

700 Cool Springs Blvd.

Franklin, Tennessee 37067

Tournament Info for Nashcon Fantasy Tournament

Points Limit:  2500

Size: 40 players. Spaces fill quick so Pre-Registration is encouraged!

Tournament Score will be a combination of painting, sportsmanship, and battle points.  Detailed scoring information and scenarios will be published separately.

Rules:

1.            The Warhammer Fantasy 8th Edition Ruleset will be used.

2.            No single unit may exceed 500 points or 50 wounds.

3.            You must use the same army list for each game. Please bring 7 copies of your army list (One for you, one for the tournament organizers and five to share with your opponents).

4.            You may use Special Characters as long as they meet any specified requirements .

5.            What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG). Please review your opponents’ models before the game begins and ask questions about any conversions/models that you are unsure of.

6.            You must bring all materials needed to play including dice, measuring devices, templates, models, faqs, and any rules that you will be using.

7.            A total of 5 Games will be played. There will be a time limit of two and a half hours (2:30) per round/game.  In order to keep the event on schedule, all players must drop the dice and stop playing when time is called. Please be aware of the time left in the round and do not start a game turn you cannot finish.

8.            The most recently published Army Book for your army must be used. If Games Workshop publishes a new Army Book, it must be released prior to May 1st of 2014 to be eligible for use at Nashcon.  Only Games Workshop published army books are allowed.  Forgeworld and fan army lists are prohibited.

9.            All army lists must be turned into the organizers the day of the event. Each list will be checked according to list composition rules of the tournament as well as those detailed in the Warhammer Fantasy 8th Edition rulebook. If there are any exceptions to these rules found in your list at any time during the tournament, then you will be automatically disqualified, all of your game results will be marked as Major Losses and you may be asked to leave the event without a refund.

10.          Terrain for each table is preset.  Please do your best not to move it.  Tournament organizers may move terrain in between rounds to satisfy scenario requirements.  All forests and rivers are treated as mysterious terrain.  Each table will have one piece of Sorcerous Terrain.  Rules for each Sorcerous Terrain will be placed at each table.

11.          Players are encouraged to resolve all rule differences amicably.  If players cannot reach an agreement please notify a Tournament Organizer.  All decisions by a Tournament Organize will be final.

Any questions about the tournament e-mail me tcsperkins@tds.net or contact the tournament staff at http://www.tnwargamers.com/forums/ in the Nashcon section of the events.

register- http://www.cageforum.com/events/

May 24th-

Fantasy GT 

Round 1- 9:30-12:00

Break

Round 2- 1:00 -3:3o

Round 3- 4:00-6:30

May25th-

Round 1-9:00- 12:30

lunch

Round 2- 1:30-2:30

3:00-results

#2 highasself

highasself

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:51 PM

How do I sign up for this event? Is the fantasy tournament full?

#3 Mawhonic

Mawhonic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:25 PM

For Fantasy, is this a 1 day or 2 day event?

Where can we sign up?

#4 Kaptun Krum

Kaptun Krum

Administrator

• Warboss
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationPowell, TN

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:37 PM

It's a 2 day event. It's 5 rounds.

#5 sirhuma

sirhuma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationLavernge ,TN

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:26 PM

It's not sold out. If you PM me your name I will put it on the list for the fantasy tournament which has already been started. When they have the paypal ready I will let you know.

#6 sirhuma

sirhuma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationLavernge ,TN

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:47 PM

Ok a paypal is up and some what running but we are taking pre-regs. Make sure you write which tournament you are playing for the H.M.G.S people will know where to put your tag.

https://www.paypal.c...d=5RK7ND9JJBAVN

Thanks Todd

#7 Necronbob

Necronbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCleveland, TN

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:37 PM

So how much was it? I went through the entire Paypal process and it never gave me a price. I assume I'm registered.
Check out my Warhammer Fantasy Blog: http://rotgutmanglers.blogspot.com/

#8 sirhuma

sirhuma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationLavernge ,TN

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:02 PM

The link should have took strait to the page. $30 

#9 Necronbob

Necronbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCleveland, TN

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:19 AM

Todd, it says special characters are allowed as long as they meet any specified requirements.  What are the requirements?

#10 Kaptun Krum

Kaptun Krum

Administrator

• Warboss
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationPowell, TN

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:34 AM

Things like if you take this certain character you must field this type of army or the old this character may only be taken in this number of points army. Basically any criteria for taking the character must be met. Not sure if fantasy has any of those characters left but just a general good cover your bass.

#11 Mawhonic

Mawhonic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:32 PM

I'm registered, can you put me on the Fantasy Tournament list please :) - Jason Simons

#12 sirhuma

sirhuma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationLavernge ,TN

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:13 PM

Things like if you take this certain character you must field this type of army or the old this character may only be taken in this number of points army. Basically any criteria for taking the character must be met. Not sure if fantasy has any of those characters left but just a general good cover your bass.

Just in case! What Kaptun said.

#13 Necronbob

Necronbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCleveland, TN

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

Todd,

Will we be playing rule book scenarios or custom one? Will there be bonus objectives? If they aren't straight rule book, any chance you'd consider posting them before hand?

#14 sirhuma

sirhuma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationLavernge ,TN

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:02 PM

The winds of magic is strong today.

The winds of magic are blowing fast and hard so you don’t know what’s going to happen , but you can feel the channel to it open just a little wider.

Deployment (Meeting Engagement)

Both players will set up and deploy their armies as outlined in the Meeting Engagement scenario in the main rulebook (pg.149) and follow the Meeting Engagement scenario’s special rules in addition to those provided below.

SPECIAL RULES: When channeling, any hero or lord and that can channel may choose to roll up to three additional channel dice. They gain an extra power/dispel dice for each “6” rolled. If the character rolls 1 or more channel dice, each “1” they rolled inflicts an automatic wound with no type of saves allowed to the model. Non-character models cannot use this rule as they are not as able to focus their raw energy into the channeling.

VICTORY CONDITIONS

Standard Victory Points per the main rulebook (pg. 143) will be used. If you score 100 or more Victory Points than your opponent, you are the victor. If the difference is 99 Victory Points or less, the game is considered a draw.

Battle Points

Battle Points

Win

Draw

Lose

Conceding: If you concede the game, your opponent will receive the maximum allowed Objective Points and whatever Bonus Battle Points they earned during the game. You will receive the amount of Bonus Battle Points that you earned in the game, but will not receive any battle points.

Battle Bonus Points

+4–   If you successfully channeled 3 casting/dispel dice during any channeling phase.

+4 -   If you successfully channeled 2 casting/dispel dice during any channeling phase

+4    if you successfully channeled 1 casting/dispel dice during any channeling phase.

Each bonus you get must be roll spate from the other bonuses.

This is a sample from last years tournament. Cant say if they will be like this or not. I haven't got a final copy of this years missions. I will post them when I have them.

#15 Mawhonic

Mawhonic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:35 AM

Does the 500pt unit limit count for solo characters? I have only 1 Lord choice that is less than 500pts.

#16 Necronbob

Necronbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCleveland, TN

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

I asked this over on wargamers, and the answer was yes. No greater daemon for you!

#17 sirhuma

sirhuma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationLavernge ,TN

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:30 AM

Does the 500pt unit limit count for solo characters? I have only 1 Lord choice that is less than 500pts.

yes.

#18 Necronbob

Necronbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCleveland, TN

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:52 PM

I'm so excited for this tournament. How many sign ups have you had so far, Todd?

#19 sirhuma

sirhuma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationLavernge ,TN

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:10 PM

Over 20 paid. With 12 people saying they are coming. I'm willing to cut spots out of 40k side if I have to do it. lol

#20 Necronbob

Necronbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCleveland, TN

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:44 PM

Nice! It's going to be good.

I saw the Crux of War pack. I like the award breakdown and scoring system in that one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users