8 replies to this topic

#1 Ralara

Ralara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

After some discussion with Robbie, I believe that now would be the perfect time to start a Mordheim campaign. As I know many of you are just now coming off of all your ATC practice, I think this would be a great chance to try something a little bit different and on a much smaller scale.

Back home, we played several campaigns and they were a resounding success. For those of you who have never played before, you can use all of your own fantasy models as every fantasy army is represented in one way or another.

I'd love for those of you who are interested to throw some ideas here on the boards. If you are looking for more rules/ information, GW's website has all of the rules and lots of resources for free on their website. In addition, the fine folks over at mordheimer.com have compiled every warband list ever printed into downloadable PDF's. Some of their warbands however, are "experimental" but my group has played with them before and found them to be very balanced within the wider framework of the game.

If anyone has any questions/ comments feel free to PM or TXT me.

Thanks!

#2 Arydis

Arydis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationCleveland, TN

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:14 AM

I might see if the guys at Dicehead would want to do something like this for a while too.  It would be a break of pace from our larger games and something we could put in our regular gatherings

What would you think about tying a campaign of this type into a larger Mighty Empires style campaign?  The results of the Mordheim battles would impact the Mighty Empires and the other way around.  You could choose your warband out of the army you are using or "hire" out an allied race's warband.  

#3 Ralara

Ralara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:31 PM

Sorry for the delay in getting back.

I've never done it personally and tied it to a map based campaign, but I can see that being a lot of fun.

Mostly we've always done pick up games basically, retaining our own gold and xp without really keeping track of rounds.

#4 Arydis

Arydis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationCleveland, TN

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:49 PM

Brainstorming - 

Mordheim campaigns generate "warpstone" which can be sold to the Mighty Empire style campaign for Gold Crowns

Mighty Empires campaigns generate "Gold Crowns" by holding territory, using mines, and winning battles

Mordheim uses the Gold crowns for maintenance of warband & upgrades 

Mighty Empire uses Warpstone to generate Magical Fortifications

Instead of being able to search for "Dramatis Personae" in Mordheim, Warbands can be contracted to search for heroes and Lords for the Mighty Empires campaign

A losing army in the Mighty Empire campaign can send a "shamed hero" to "Mordheim" to reclaim their honor and boost a warband.

So, what would the winning conditions be for the Mordheim and Mighty Empires campaign in this setting?  

How would these things be balanced?

What mechanism will determine which warbands and which armies fight?

On a "first run" this mixed campaign will not be perfect, but I want to try to get something together to start in September with one Mordheim and one WHFB campaign event per month.  

#5 Ralara

Ralara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:35 PM

In that particular setting, it would be quite difficult to balance incoming heroes as their stats are.. very.. VERY.. high when compared to even a warband captain.

#6 Arydis

Arydis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationCleveland, TN

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:25 AM

I didn't think of it as a system to system transfer of stat lines, but a transfer from a "shamed hero" to a character level Mordheim stat block of the appropriate type.  This "decrease" in stats could be explained away as loss of strength, shame, or status from their exile.

#7 Ralara

Ralara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

After some discussion this evening, I'm going to go ahead and try to get this campaign rolling.. Who all is interested and what days work?

#8 Kaptun Krum

Kaptun Krum

Administrator

• Warboss
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationPowell, TN

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

I'd vote keep our normal game night times.

#9 Ralara

Ralara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

Well, the good thing about Mordheim is that we don't have to all play at the same time..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users