8 replies to this topic

#1 Ralara

Ralara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:18 PM

So, its been a while since I've actually gotten to play a large game and with so many people getting ready for the ATC, I'd like some feedback on this list.

Lords: 16%

Wizard Lord

Lvl 4

Dispel Scroll

Lore of Metal

Arch Lector

Barded Warhorse

Hv armor/ Shield

Dragon Helm

Sword of AH

Heroes: 24%

Captain

BSB

AoMI

Captain

Pegasus (Iron Hooves)

Full Plate

Enchanted Shield

SoB

Dawnstone

Priest

Hv Armor

Shield

Crown of Command

Engineer

Witch Hunter - Really unsure about this guy, but thought id try it out

Brace of Pistols

Arabyan Carpet

Core: 36%

Inner circle knights X 9

Full Command

Steel Standard

Halberdiers X40

Full Command

-5 man archers

Spearmen X40

Full Command

-5 man archers

Special: 9%

Great Cannon

Mortar

Rare: 15%

Stank

Hellblaster

This puts me at 2422 and I'm not sure where to go from there.

Obviously, I'd like to play the long game with my blocks in bus formation while my Captasis snipes warmachines and the Witch Hunter ganks their mage.

Any thoughts?

#2 The Kraken

The Kraken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationHarriman, TN

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:01 PM

I kept wondering how you were fitting all this stuff in and then I realized why. No chickens! Are you not playing Demigryphs on purpose or just because you don't have any yet? They are easily one of the best things the empire have currently. They will rarely disappoint. That aside, you may want to ditch that mortar. They were very good last edition but fall pretty short this edition. I personally don't play a witch hunter. I did when the book first came out but he never worked for me. I've heard amazing stories about them in other armies though. Just remember that he can't hide in a unit if you put him on the carpet.
"A mind without purpose will walk in dark places"

#3 Ralara

Ralara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:10 AM

Yeah he was never in there to hide anyways.. just a missile for wizard sniping.

Yes I have Demigryphs, and I have used them to great effect, but I have seen lore of metal thrown around so much that I'm really scared to have more than 1 unit with a 1+ save...

As for the mortar.. I've used them habitually for years, and even though they only have str 2 now, its really the only way that this list has to deal with hordes of low toughness bodies.

As for what I have.. I can currently field just about anything, except for the new chariots and a horde of greatswords.

#4 firemanmm

firemanmm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationClinton, TN

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:09 AM

I like it, buy being a former empire player myself I have a few changes that might help. Spearmen are cheap, but useless outside of wizard bunkers. Trade them for another unit of knights or demigryphs. Also, the witch hunter is neat on paper, but nothing more than an expensive unit upgrade for the most part.

#5 Ralara

Ralara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:24 AM

So, if I'm not taking spearmen, what fills that role? The halberdiers have to be played a bit aggressively, so I really need another main combat unit that can keep steadfast for a while.

#6 Kaptun Krum

Kaptun Krum

Administrator

• Warboss
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationPowell, TN

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

Halbadiers are the way to go. That STR 4 and steadfast can't be beat. According to the new FAQ detachment units are steadfast if the parent unit is steadfast. So maybe that second big block is not needed.

I assume your guys on horses will be going in the knight block correct?

You may want to get a ward save on whoever is your general. Otherwise they can be killed pretty easily now. The prevalence of death magic and cannons can pop them.

#7 Ralara

Ralara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

I have been very surprised at the amounts of death magic flying around these days.. I'm actually toying with dropping the second large block completely... it makes my line just too difficult to maneuver.  

#8 Tepogue

Tepogue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:36 AM

Death Magic is huge, With it's ability to generate more power dice and snipe out enemy characters, it's extremely popular.

http://tepogue.blogspot.com/

We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder,
We danced among the lighting bolts,
And tore the world asunder.

#9 Kaptun Krum

Kaptun Krum

Administrator

• Warboss
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationPowell, TN

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:58 AM

Yep. I concur exactly. It's pretty good with just being able to kill characters that are otherwise unkillable but then to add insult into injury getting extra power dice to cast more spells.

It's a solid lore. It's pretty versatile. The vortex spell can be used defensively instead of offensively.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users