#1 madival

madival

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Locationjohnson city, tn

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:29 PM

Tell me what you think of my 2000 point sisters of battle army.

HQ

celestine

elite

9 repentia and 1 superior

Troops

10 battle sisters with 2 flamers,combi flamer, rhino with dozer blade, search light

10 battle sisters with 2 flamers,combi flamer, rhino with dozer blade, search light

Fast attack

5 dominion with 2 meltaguns, combi melta, Immolator with dozer blade, search light, Twinlinked multimelta

5 dominion with 2 meltaguns, combi melta, Immolator with dozer blade, search light, Twinlinked multimelta

10 seraphim with 2 double hand flamers

Heavy

excorcist

Excorcist

7 retributors with 4 heavy bolters with Rhino with dozer blade

The repentia take the retributor's rhino to scurry across the battle field.  That is 8 squads rushing across the battle field at the enemy with 7 of those being mech. Tons of fire power. Not alot of AA firepower, but enough to handle a few flyers. That is 67 power armor sisters and the 10 repentia. Kinda hordish, but also really quick and deadly.

patience is an emotion that causes turmoil in the child races who were sleeping in the womb of their infant dieties while we conquered the universe. we are not patient, we are not kind....we wait...

lesserofallevils.blogspot.com

#2 greycat

greycat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationKnoxville

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

I wish i could comment but I don't know what a single unit in that army is other than a Rhino.

My cat is bigger than yours

I am Cenarius of Hairy Plopper the Grey

#3 Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

Same here :(

#4 Tepogue

Tepogue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

It looks like a decent mid range fire fight army. Which is what sisters have always been good at.

The Good: You'll put out a decent number of shots.

You have a decent number of boots on the field.

The Bad: It looks like a 5th Ed army.

You need 5-6 scoring units under ATC rules.

I assume sisters are still 5-10 per squad. Drop 2 Rhinos, Split at least one of the squads into 5 woman objective sitters.

Rhinos are just easy First Blood kills now and not the bunkers they used to be.

You have 0 anti air. Find the points for an Aegis line and Quad Gun or look into allies. IG make great ones and you can look into a Hydra or Vendetta.

You have 18 Victory points by my count, thats a lot for 2000 points. I think my Demons and Chaos run closer to 12 Victory points (before Demon Codex Redux)

The Unknown - I don't have the updated Faith Rules so I'm not sure what they can do or can't do anymore.

I know Celestine has some trickery about not staying dead, but can she defeat an enemey Warlord? For my practice ATC fights, the 3 bonus objectives: First Blood, Slay the Warlord and Line Breaker have decided more games than any other factor.

http://tepogue.blogspot.com/

We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder,
We danced among the lighting bolts,
And tore the world asunder.

#5 madival

madival

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Locationjohnson city, tn

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

Min squad of battle sisters is 10. Celestine may have problems with other warlords, but since she ressurects, she only gives up warlord if she is dead at the end of the game.
patience is an emotion that causes turmoil in the child races who were sleeping in the womb of their infant dieties while we conquered the universe. we are not patient, we are not kind....we wait...

lesserofallevils.blogspot.com

#6 Tepogue

Tepogue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

Hmm, Min 10 on sisters hurts. I still stand by saying you need more scoring units. the last play test ATC mission I did, had 5 objectives every game. (this has probably changed since then) it was basically Each player had a home base objective set up in their deployment zone and then 3 set out in the no man's land. With this in mind, you need baby sitters that can claim your home objective. Meaning 1 troop choice should never leave your deployment zone. 3 squads need to go after the 3 in no man's land and I personally prefer 2 troops acting as second line assault troops to try and push the enemy off their home objective. Most games that I saw ended up with both players holding their home bases and the game came down to the 3 objectives in no man's land. The only exceptions were the fact that my pretty broken demon army, dropped into my opponents deployment zone (old demon codex rules have changed now) So I could take their home base with little trouble.

I do however realize you may not have another 20 basic sisters, but I'd drop the seraphim, 1-2 rhinos, to give you 2 more troop sister squads. Under 6th the ability to move and still shoot rapid fire weapons at full range means Rhinos are not necessary.

http://tepogue.blogspot.com/

We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder,
We danced among the lighting bolts,
And tore the world asunder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users