6 replies to this topic

#1 Mikey

Mikey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

Thinking of what I would like to build for my next Chaos army, and I ask you...the experts...what would you build for a Chaos army at 2,000 points with the only requirement being that it has Abbadon, and Chosen for it's Troop Choices.

GO!

Mikey
I've decided...Make a vanilla Space Marine army w/ lots of options. That way you can play them "Counts as" pretty much any SM army. Heck, I'm waiting on someone to play SM's with "Stolen" Tau or Necron tech. LOL

#2 madival

madival

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Locationjohnson city, tn

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

with 2 attacks, chosen need melee weapons and transports to get them across the field with some safety. rhino rush might be fun, but honestly, I would love to see land raider rush with chosen. the meta sees few options to deal with land raiders these days as people swapped from melta to plasma. mark of slanesh to make them hit first and enjoy those lighting claws and such with a meta breaking list
patience is an emotion that causes turmoil in the child races who were sleeping in the womb of their infant dieties while we conquered the universe. we are not patient, we are not kind....we wait...

lesserofallevils.blogspot.com

#3 Mikey

Mikey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

Buying up several 6 man Chosen mini's from Dark Vengence to make this happen. I figure w/ 3 sets then I'll have multiple Claws, PW's, etc. Should work out well...so long as the Skaven heads fit 'em. Hehe.

Mikey.
I've decided...Make a vanilla Space Marine army w/ lots of options. That way you can play them "Counts as" pretty much any SM army. Heck, I'm waiting on someone to play SM's with "Stolen" Tau or Necron tech. LOL

#4 Grizzly Adams

Grizzly Adams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

Mikey you'll have to do quite a bit of cuttin to pull that off, many of the heads are already attached to the bodies and such, just wanted to give you a heads up if you haven't seen them yet

The Southern State of 40k - A 40k Podcast

Ronald-MacDonald-vs-Christopher-Wal.gif

"Even in the grim darkness of the far future, there can still be heroes..."

#5 BoxerSaint

BoxerSaint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

"...just wanted to give you a heads up..." - Zing
BoxerSaint(has a better signature than Stormcrow)

www.AnyGivenCodex.blogspot.com

#6 Mikey

Mikey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

I appreciate that....but I have this awesome Dremel, and a bunch of sculpey. :D Just makes me want to mod them more. Hehehe. The regular Chaos Space Marines are easy to add Rat Heads to.

Mikey

#7 Mikey

Mikey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

Next Request: (Sub topic as pertains to this army)

Demon Princes: Yes? No? Maybe?

They are rediculously expensive, but this army seems to be headed in the "You paid HOW MUCH for that?" Direction anyways.

So, with that in mind, would a Demon Prince be a good addition, and if so, how tooled?

I've thought about Mark of Nurgle, Armor, Wings, 3 Psychic powers, and Black Mace. I am on the fence about the Psychic Powers though. He would be used mainly for decimating troops and tanks. I have no delusions of grandeur that he'd go toe to toe with many of the 'Nids, or other Close Combat beasties...but I'm thinking he'd do well for the purpose I listed. But worth it?

Mikey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users